Let’s face it, various problems may arise during and after the wedding, and one essential thing is the wedding gown.
While there are factors considered as culprits of our wedding dresses that you need to keep in mind, there are several steps YOU can do to protect it. You can, of course, call an Orange County wedding dress dry cleaner shop to help prevent your dress from being ruined for your big day. Here are a few, however, that you can try on your own:
- When you leave the store, make sure to transport your gown in a vehicle where it can lay down in the back seat. It needs space with the train down as it helps reduce the need for extra pressing or steaming.
- Hang your gown as high as possible when you get home. Leave it in the bag to inhibit dust or bugs from landing on your gown but avoid hanging it on light fixtures or a ceiling fan to prevent accidents and burn.
- Steam your gown, if and ONLY if it needs it and the fabric can handle it. If you don’t know whether your gown fabric is suitable for steaming or not, call a professional wedding dress dry cleaner in Orange County to take care of it for you.
- During the big day, it is recommended to apply perfume and hair spray on the gown before putting it on to avoid stains.
- When you step into your gown, have your bridesmaids put your shoes on afterward; and make sure to cover your dress with a towel before applying your hair sprays or lipstick.
- After the wedding, make sure you have your wedding gown in loops to avoid sagging.
- Avoid storing your worn wedding dress for an extended period in plastic bags or plastic wrapped containers because this releases fumes that can yellow your bridal gown. To avoid permanent staining and discoloration bring your gown to an Orange County dry cleaner.
- Finally, store your cleaned and preserved wedding gown in an area of constant temperature. It could be the bed or spacious closet but not in the attic or basement where there are severe changes in temperature or humidity that can tarnish your gown.
Considered as the best way to protect your most treasured possession, wedding dress dry cleaning, and proper gown boxing will certainly protect your precious family heirloom so that you can pass it down to your children or even grandchildren.